In addition to our Pet Health Articles, we have provided the following links to websites that provide great information on a variety of topics related to feline veterinary medicine and general care.
- American Association of Feline Practitioners – The AAFP is like the American Medical Association for cat veterinarians and provides a lot of information regarding feline health.
- Cat Breeds – For information on different cat breeds
- Catios – Cats Safe at Home is a website dedicated to helping reduce the number of outdoor cats in the Portland area by providing information about catios, indoor enrichment, and more!
- Cornell Veterinary School – Useful information about general health care for cats
- Feline Asthma – This website is full of information to help those managing cats with asthma.
- Feline Chronic Kidney Disease and IRIS-kidney – These websites provide information and support for the owners of cats living with chronic kidney disease.
- Feline Diabetes – If you are caring for a cat with diabetes, this site offers a wealth of information and support from others whose cats have diabetes.
- Feline Heartworms – This website offers great information about heartworm disease in cats.
- Feline Pharmacy – Many of the latest treatments for cats are available through our online pharmacy. If you are looking for a local pharmacy, or need medications in a hurry, we trust Northwest Compounders to make our special cat formulations and their customer service is great too!
- Feral Cat Coalition – If you care for a feral cat colony or just care about feral cats, check out this nonprofit organization dedicated to helping feral cats in Oregon.
- Home Again Pet ID and Recovery System – With this pet ID system, you can greatly increase the chances that your pet will be returned home safely if they were to get lost.
- Homemade Cat Food Recipes – There are many sources for diets on the internet, but this website is packed with information from a veterinarian’s personal experience.
- How To Medicate Your Cat – This website offers great tips and ticks for how to easily medicate your cat.
- Indoor Cat Health Initiative – Indoor cats can have health problems related to the stress of their boredom. This website offers some great ideas for how to keep your indoor cat healthy and happy.
- Pet Poison Helpline – This website includes a library, links to other sites, and phone numbers for the Animal Poison Control Center.
- Parasite Maps – This website offers in depth information on parasites and were they can be found.
- Pet Loss and Bereavement – We have all experienced the pain of losing a pet. Dove Lewis Emergency Animal Hospital offers information on dealing with the loss, as well as information to help support others who are grieving. Their support group meetings are led by Enid Traisman, who is highly respected and very effective at assisting in the healing process.
- Rainbow Bridge – Anyone who has ever lost a pet should visit this website. It is a wonderful tribute to our lost furry family members.
- The Cat Fanciers’ Association (CFA) – The CFA has an abundance of information on cat breeds, cat care, upcoming cat shows, and much more!
- Toxic Plants To Animals – This website offers a lot of information about toxic plants, in addition to what you should do if your pet is poisoned.
- Veterinary Schools In The US – This is a great link to all of the veterinary schools in the United States.